Thursday, February 19, 2009

ELY, The Iron Giant

So I cannot believe I have neglected my blog for so long! I find it strange that I haven't updated since my birthday last year. To make up for it, here is my senior thesis project, known as the ELY. 
I decided to do the children's story by Ted Hughes (Sylvia's Plath's former husband) originally published as The Iron Man, but to us Americans it's known as The Iron Giant. It think it's a beautiful story that truly allowed me to explore a wide array of picture-making possibilities. 


Although these paintings almost turned into my own "iron giant", I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. Now if only I could do the whole book...

2 comments:

Kris Berlin said...

You are the most talented lady I know! I can't wait to see more!

Elise said...

I adore these